It’s no secret, I love avocados. They are one of my favorite fruits. Part of the reason is I love exploring how to use them outside of guacamole. Not that my guac isn’t the best damn guac you’ll ever have!
I’ve used them margaritas, made a gazpacho with them and now they are in a popsicle. Made with coconut milk and fresh tarragon, the popsicles are creamy (Creamsicle, what?), bright and earthy. They aren’t as sweet as your average popsicle so if you tend to shy away from sweets…this is the dessert for you!
1. Take the 20 tarragon leaves and add them to a cocktail mixer. Add 1 tablespoon of the simple syrup and muddle the tarragon, releasing all of those tasty essential oils. Remember, you are not trying to beat up the herb or blend it, you just want to give it a good rub (that’s what she said!).
2. After you have muddled the herb, add the remaining simple syrup and set aside.
3. Add the fruit from the two avocados along with the two limes juiced to your food processor and puree them. If you need to know how to safely pit an avocado, watch my how-to video.
4. Mix the pureed avocado, the 3/4 cup coconut milk and the 1 1/2 cups of tarragon-infused simple syrup to a large measuring cup. You should have nearly 3 cups of liquid.
5. Divide the mixture amongst the popsicle mold. I left a little room at the top and topped them off with some sweetened coconut milk. It was just 1/8 cup coconut milk and 1/8 cup simple syrup. It was just for texture.
It makes them pretty right? Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and welcome to my food blog.
My recipes are vegetarian, just like me. Some are even vegan. I like to keep things pretty simple, using just a few ingredients. So, you'll be cooking in no time.
If you're wondering if I am really stoned... well, I'll never tell.
Want to know what I'm cooking up next? Follow me on Facebook for Behind-the-Scenes access: