For some reason, sometime around September, I stop eating salads. I have it in my head that they are a summer thing. Why? I do not know. So I promised myself, that this year, I would enjoy salads throughout the year. Here is my first one–I’m a little late. But that is okay, this roasted persimmon salad is worth waiting for!
1. Trim, quarter and remove the seeds from 2 persimmons.
2. Place the persimmons on a baking sheet, and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning them over at half time.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add one serving of mixed greens, 1/8 cup of pine nuts and olive oil. You want just enough oil to lightly coat the leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste, and toss the salad.
4. Remove the persimmons from the oven when done–they should be slightly browned but still firm–and let them cool slightly.
5. Plate the greens with 1 ounce of brie and top the salad with the roasted persimmons.
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and welcome to my food blog.
My recipes are vegetarian, just like me. Some are even vegan. I like to keep things pretty simple, using just a few ingredients. So, you'll be cooking in no time.
If you're wondering if I am really stoned... well, I'll never tell.
Want to know what I'm cooking up next? Follow me on Facebook for Behind-the-Scenes access: