What is the Big Game without a handful of tasty snacks on hand? Especially if they are homemade. Just one of the wonderful things about these roasted curry chickpeas. They are also big on flavor. The curry and cumin really complement the roasted legume and the coriander adds a bit of zing. Plus they are spicy too!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Strain the chickpeas and rinse them clean. You don’t want any of the liquid they were packed in to remain.
3. Place a paper towel on a flat surface and spread the chickpeas on to it so that they are a single layer. Place another towel on top of them, rolling them around, until they are completely dry.
4. Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Roast them for about 40 minutes until they are a deep golden brown and very crunchy, making sure to not burn them.
6. Combine all of the spices plus the salt in to a bowl also large enough to hold the chickpeas.
7. If the chickpeas are dry, toss them with just enough oil to lightly coat. This way the seasoning will stick. Add the chickpeas and toss until they are fully coated.
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and welcome to my food blog.
My recipes are vegetarian, just like me. Some are even vegan. I like to keep things pretty simple, using just a few ingredients. So, you'll be cooking in no time.
If you're wondering if I am really stoned... well, I'll never tell.
Want to know what I'm cooking up next? Follow me on Facebook for Behind-the-Scenes access: