Cannot decide between pancakes or french toast? You won’t be disappointed with this Pancake Batter Dipped French Toast, which is the best of both worlds.
1. Slice the bread. You want the slices to be quite thick, around 3/4 of an inch, so they’ll stand up well to the pancake batter. Or, just make it easy on yourself and buy a loaf of Texas Toast.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 4 eggs and then slowly whisk in 1 cup of flour.
3. Thin the mixture using the 1 cup of milk. If you use a bit less, your French toast will be on the puffier side–fun!
4. Mix in the 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla. While the 1 tablespoon orange zest and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger are optional, I highly recommend adding them. These ingredients keep this somewhat rich recipe on the lighter side. If you mix in the orange and ginger, let the mixture stand for about 30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
5. Mix in the 2 Teaspoons baking powder.
6. Heat the griddle over a medium heat.
7. Dip one slice of bread into the mix at a time until it is soaked in pancake batter.
8. Plop the pancake-dipped slice onto the griddle and cook until it is golden brown on both sides. The bread is ready to flip when the edges look dry and the batter begins to bubble, just like regular pancakes.
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and welcome to my food blog.
My recipes are vegetarian, just like me. Some are even vegan. I like to keep things pretty simple, using just a few ingredients. So, you'll be cooking in no time.
If you're wondering if I am really stoned... well, I'll never tell.
Want to know what I'm cooking up next? Follow me on Facebook for Behind-the-Scenes access: