This is the month of the cranberry. Well, for me at least. I have roasted them, put them in a grilled cheese sandwich, and now this lovely, gooey cheese dip. Oh, and you saw my Cranberry & Rosemary Sangria, yes?
1. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together the shredded white cheddar cheese and the cream cheese.
2. Fold in the fresh cranberries and transfer the mixture to a ramekin.
3. Bake the mixture in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. The cheese dip will be boiling and golden brown on top when ready. See the video above to see exactly what it should look like.
4. During that thirty minutes when cheese dip is cooking, let’s prepare the crostini. Slice the French baguette into even pieces and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Lightly coat them with the olive oil. When the cheese dip is about done, around 20 minutes or so, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake them for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them though, they can burn easily.
6. When both the crostini and the cheese dip are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool a bit. Personally, I cannot wait and find myself burning my mouth a lot. But it is completely worth it!
Enjoy! And big thanks to my mom for helping me in the kitchen this week while my back has been out.
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and welcome to my food blog.
My recipes are vegetarian, just like me. Some are even vegan. I like to keep things pretty simple, using just a few ingredients. So, you'll be cooking in no time.
If you're wondering if I am really stoned... well, I'll never tell.
Want to know what I'm cooking up next? Follow me on Facebook for Behind-the-Scenes access: