I love sweet potatoes. For one, they cook a lot faster than regular potatoes (I’m impatient!) and they have so much natural flavor. And if you’ve ever had sweet potato fries, you know just how versatile this root vegetable can be. Spicy and sweet, this sweet potato soup is bound to become a fall favorite.
1. Peel and dice 4 sweet potatoes.
2. Chop 1 onion and add it along with 3 cloves of garlic and some olive oil to a large soup pot. Cook the onion and garlic over a medium-high heat until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes until they just begin to soften. Then add 4 cups of the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are fully cooked and just about to fall apart, remove them from the heat.
5. Doing 1 cup at a time, puree the sweet potato and broth mixture in a food processor.
6. Transfer the pureed mixture back to the soup pot and add 2 1/2 tablespoons of curry powder and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Also add the remaining 2 cups of vegetable broth, but you want to add just enough to make it soupy so you might not use it all.
7. Bring the soup to a low simmer to have the flavors meld.
8. Let cool to an edible temperature and then salt to taste.
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and welcome to my food blog.
My recipes are vegetarian, just like me. Some are even vegan. I like to keep things pretty simple, using just a few ingredients. So, you'll be cooking in no time.
If you're wondering if I am really stoned... well, I'll never tell.
Want to know what I'm cooking up next? Follow me on Facebook for Behind-the-Scenes access: