If you are anything like me, you can never eat too much avocado. Sliced, diced or mashed, I put the fruit in or on practically everything. Seriously, my next kitchen experiment is going to be an Avocado Creme Brulee!
That said, this was my first time putting it on pasta. I was a bit nervous at first. I didn’t want it to resemble guacamole on pasta. Luckily, it didn’t. It was creamy and full of flavor.
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. In a medium skillet, add just enough olive oil to coat the pan over a medium-high heat. When the oil has warmed, it will appear water-like and begin to shimmer.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, let them cook for a few minutes so that they sear. Flip the tomatoes so they sear on the opposite side. When both sides are seared, remove them from the heat.
4. Add the garlic to the food processor and mince it.
5. Pit the avocados. (See my video on pitting avocados)
6. Add in the remaining olive oil and the lime juice and mix well. Then add in the lime zest and avocado meat, puree until slightly chunky.
7. Toss the cooked pasta with the avocado sauce and the tomatoes.
8. Chop the pine nuts and the cilantro separately to be used as garnish.
9. Garnish and enjoy!
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and welcome to my food blog.
My recipes are vegetarian, just like me. Some are even vegan. I like to keep things pretty simple, using just a few ingredients. So, you'll be cooking in no time.
If you're wondering if I am really stoned... well, I'll never tell.
Want to know what I'm cooking up next? Follow me on Facebook for Behind-the-Scenes access: